Our highly qualified and experienced team of technical staff and operators are fully dedicated to providing the best value in coal inspection and testing services that add value to your business.
- Over 20 years of providing coal inspection and testing services and sampling on coal, petcoke, wood chips and pellets
- Participation to international interlaboratory test with excellent results over years 12
- Accreditation for Napoli laboratory ISO/IEC 17025 since 2012
FiaSpec uses standard protocols based on ASTM, ISO and EN standards for sampling and testing to provide results that are representative of each lot.
At FiaSpec, we strive to provide you with superior coal testing and inspection services through a deep understanding of your challenges, market conditions and technical questions related to the products you deal with.
Product knowledge is a central theme in your daily business and FiaSpec provides this through a team of product experts who are well recognized within the industry.
For over 30 years, FiaSpec LLC has independently and accurately analyzed and measured petroleum and petrochemical products throughout the US, with support from our multiple international affiliate locations. FiaSpec and its employees strive for the highest degree of quality performance, which is achieved through clear and well-documented systems, proper training, high qualifications of our employees, and continuous improvements to our overall operations.
Independent inspection (including weight determination by Draught Survey if required)
- Manual sampling (if mechanical sampling is not available)
- Stockpile sampling
- Umpire to support commercial settlement
- Witnessing and expertise services
- Bunker Survey & Conditional Survey
- Hold & Hatch Survey
- Sample preparation, Crushing & Screening
- Testing services
- Proximate analysis: moisture content, ash content, volatile matter, fixed carbon
- Ultimate analysis: Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Sulphur
- Ash analysis: major and minor elements in coal and coal ash
- Gross and net calorific value;
- Special coal analysis: trace elements, HGI, screen analysis (sizing), ash fusion temperature, chlorine, fluorine, etc.
- Special wood pellet analysis: Diameter, Length, Mechanical Durability, Bulk Density, Minor elements, Major elements